Wednesday 28 November 2012

My Thanksgiving Leftovers are Gone :(


Happy Wednesday all. I just spent all day in the library and need a reprieve. Funny how my revived interest in blogging coincides so perfectly with the heap of assignments I have pending. For the moment Bernard MacLaverty can wait (Chaucer can definitely wait). My agenda for the night is to whip this baby out, make French toast and then enter a 48 hour state of quarantine in which I complete my Northern Irish Lit essay.  It's a bit ambitious considering I already made plans for tea tomorrow, but truly, that essay will be finito by Friday…I am determined. I’ll add that it’s not due until December 14th, so I think I’m doing okay. I've been a bit sappy in my last couple posts and the last few ones are bound to be heavily sentimental. So tonight, I am going to whine.


Ireland, fix this please:
  • The bus is kind of expensive. 1.90€ for one-way fare into town? Dublin, Lauren is not made of money and Rathmines is not that far away (clearly my walking days are over, thank you November…kidding, I haven’t walked to Trinity since September).
  • Why are the baked beans in tomato sauce? Guys, molasses—you don’t know what you’re missing.
  • Trinity Library, why you be trippin? No one is trying to steal your books, take it down a notch. Things I would appreciate: heat….I know you’re not poor, and I’m cold. Also, a friendlier attitude perhaps? Why so grouchy?
    • Irony of ironies: I accumulated 5€ worth of overdue fees during “Reading Week”. SMH
  • Eggs on the shelf. Huh? This one isn't really a complaint seeing as it hasn't killed me yet, it’s just weird.


That’s all I've got. Other than the aforementioned grievances I really like Ireland…I’d make a list but then this post would get mushy and I can’t have that. Plus, it’s French toast time. Excuse the brevity but it is finals season.


Besos,

Lauren



Below are random pictures from November, including a night out, the view from my balcony, an Ingrid Michaelson concert, and my recently-broken clothes horse. 











2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading your blogs. Will be seeing you soon.
    Uncle Steve

    ReplyDelete