Sunday 16 December 2012

The Last One


Cheers from the USA! I intended to write this post on Friday but alas….I had better ways to spend my last day in Ireland. My first day home has been fabulous (and exhausting) but I miss Dublin already. I’ve been harping on this point for a while now, but I truly want the people I’ve met this semester to realise what a wonderful four months they have given me. Dublin the city is no more special to me than my own hometown. I love it because I love the people I was there with. I will go back and I will absolutely see many friends again, but this particular chapter has ended and can’t be replicated.

To Margaret, Katie and Shannon, you were wonderful roommates and I loved coming home to such great people every day. Our apartment was probably biohazardous but I wouldn’t have it any other way (too many good laughs off it).

To Sadhbh and Chloё, I really could not have asked for better friends. I can’t imagine how completely boring the semester would have been without you gangster gaeilge girls. I’ll be seeing you stateside. Sadhbh, here’s hoping there are rickshaws in California (Chloё, here’s hoping there aren’t :P) I love you both and miss you already.

Part of me really wants to name every person off the Cumann Gaelach, SSP or just life in general who made this semester so special, but the list would be massive and I’d forget someone and then feel horrible about it so I’ll leave it at this: I love you and will miss you, and I thank you for the craic. If you’ve bothered to read this post then you are likely one of the people I’m talking about.

Le Ghrá,

Lauren
















No comments:

Post a Comment